Care at no cost to Veterans and their families.
Hearts for Hospice collaborates with local VA agencies and programs to raise awareness about the benefit of hospice services for Veterans. As a Veteran, expenses for hospice-related services or enrolled veterans are covered in full.
We Honor Veterans Program
Hearts for Hospice partners with the We Honor Veterans program to give veterans the best care possible. This program provides resources and training to meet the needs of our veteran patients and their families through respectful inquiry, compassionate listening, and grateful acknowledgement so that veterans can have a peaceful end-of-life experience.
VA Hospice Program Benefits
Hospice is a benefit that the VA offers to qualified Veterans who are in the final phase of their lives. This multi-disciplinary team approach helps Veterans live fully until they die. The VA also works very closely with community and home hospice agencies to provide care in the home. The VA hospice benefit includes:
- Care available wherever you call home
- No co-pay for hospice care
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Personalized pain and symptom management
- Care coordinated with your doctors
- Physical, occupational and other therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- Volunteers with military experience (when available)
- Ongoing grief counseling for patients and family
Veteran-To-Veteran Volunteer Program
Hearts for Hospice’s Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer program pairs Veteran volunteers with hospice patients who are Veterans as well. Veteran volunteers have the ability to develop a unique connection with patients and their families through their common experiences and stories, establishing a strong relational bond.
How can Veteran Volunteers Help?
- Reminisce or tell life stories
- Educate and answer questions regarding Veteran benefits
- Assist in pinning ceremonies, distribute certificates and help with other recognition events
- Assist in replacing lost medals